I Always find the best people on instagram. This guy was no different. I love people that have a passion for what they do. I love shades but this guy is not only a lover of shades, he is an educator of shades. I had to interview him!!
1. When did you fall in love with fashion?
I’d have to say my when I was in high school. That’s when I really became conscious of my style.
2. Tell my readers about your business
My website “In Search Of” has been a dream of mine for many years that I finally made come true last Aug. I specialize in providing the finest of vintage eyewear for the best price.
3. What is your fav brand of vintage frames? It’s a tie between Christian Dior & Playboy. They were both made with Optyl, my favorite material, and they have a huge catalog of amazing designs. Both lines men’s and Women’s lines are amazing. With varied designs to fit any, face, style even personalities. I always find it hard to sell Dior or Playboy because I want to keep them for myself.
4. What’s your fav designer of all?
That’s a tough one. I love Karl Lagerfeld, Yves Saint Laurent, Emilio Pucci, Ralph Lauren, Pierre Cardin. But if I had to choose I’d say Ralph Lauren. Through out my life his line has always been there helping me show the world my personothrough style.
5. What made you start your business?
To be frank with you I started my business for two reasons. First to educate the masses on the value of sunglasses. Most people look at frames as just simple accessories and nothing more. And I can understand that because most people are used to the mass produced trash made now a days. But I want to show people the care that went into the design and production of them. I like to call frames wearable art because it was true visionaries that crafted them. Secondly I just love seeing people in a great pair of glasses. Nothing bothers me more than seeing a person in horrible glasses. Lol I’m a bit of a weirdo.
6. What was the first pair of designer sunglass you purchased?
My first pair I ever purchased was the St. Moritz 404.
7. What is your fav pair of shades?
Hands down the Alpina M1. Huge well constructed beauty that comes in a plethora of colors. And they fit my massive head perfectly.
8. What’s the most sought after shade for your customer?
It’s not just one frame that’s sought after. Many people are after different frames that have been popular for years from such as the Cazal 858, Porsche 5623, Jean Paul Gaultier 56-8272, etc…
9. How long have you been collecting shades?
I’ve been collecting frames since the winter of 2007.
10. What’s next for your business?
Im hoping to expand my website to a physical store hopefully and possibly create my own frame. But who knows what the future might hold.
Some of the rare frames on the site….