1. Do not struggle with your past.
Many of us had dreams of marrying prince charming, moving to NYC, or becoming a model. It is important that you accept the blessing of motherhood no matter when it comes into your life. Moreover, let go of your past life and God will continue to bless you… your new life will be so much better.
2. Enjoy the little things like:
a hot meal, using the bathroom in peace, a long shower, and washing clothes only once a week.
3. There is no planning in motherhood.
You learn as you go there are no plans, no itinerary.
4. Don’t trip on finances.
You will never have enough money in your eyes…. Relax it is okay.
5.Do not neglect yourself.
Make room for ME time.
6. MOMMAS BABY.
No matter how much help you think you have most of the time it will be you and the baby alone. Check your feelings and attitude.
7. In motherhood, you will cry, yell, scream, get a temper, and think it is impossible… this will pass.
8. Capture every moment of pregnancy and newborn time… it passes right before your eyes.
9. Let go of your emotions.
Be practical and not CRAZY, you have a child now! (I have to remind myself of this everyday).
10.Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.
It may seem impossible to get rest but it is necessary in order to perform your duties as a new MOMMY. Try to set up a sleep pattern for your child and use that time to sleep or get other housework done.
Written By January Prince Mommy to, Micha 6months